Recent company layoffs have increased the ranks of the unemployed, as well as impacted the people that still have jobs with a diminished perception of job security.
Many displaced executives and middle managers are looking for an established and profitable business to enable them to support their families and continue with their intended lifestyle.
What are some considerations for those looking, or soon-to-be looking, for a business?
- Anyone looking to buy a business needs to conduct a self-assessment of their family situation, professional background, financial condition, and future goals.
- While only one spouse may actually manage and operate a business, the whole family will be affected by the demands and time commitment required, so both spouses must be involved in the decision making stages of buying a business.
- How much money can they invest to buy a business, as well as to sustain it with working capital for a reasonable period of time?
- What level of cash flow do they need from the business in order to meet current and future family financial obligations?
- How good is their personal credit history and score–as this will be a key factor to determine their ability to borrow money from a commercial lender.
The Strategic Acquisition Service is designed to help you work through these life decisions and provide you a set of services designed to move you forward if the situation is right!
Services For Executive Buyers
- Dedicated & exclusive buyer representation
- 6-12 month agreement
- Creation of buyer advisory team as necessary
- Advisory services to include:
- Development of objectives, criteria, and target segmentation
- Establishment of proven, effective and efficient business buying system and process
- Buyer business plan development & guidance
- Financing framework assistance
- Rigorous search method and confidential process to identify and engage sellers within target range
- Packaging of buyer to include—specific skill set; professional background; right “fit” and financing ability/asset summary
- Analysis of interested target firms and related industries
- Arrangement of intro, meetings, tours, etc.
- Valuation of target company
- Preparation of LOI/Purchase Agreement
(work with advisory team as required)
- Negotiation advice & guidance
- Due diligence facilitation & coordinate advisory team
- Closing and transition assistance, including 30 & 60 day post events
For an initial consultation and further information, call CenterPoint Business Advisors at 888-988-0999.
Additionally, review our White Paper on Strategic Acquisition topics and issues.